Prayer against division

When a spirit of division tries to break up relationships, how do you react? It could be in a marriage, family, or community. Many times, our reactions are full of resentment or anger. Or maybe we withdraw and hide. All this is exactly what the enemy wants. He seeks to divide and isolate us.

Satan used the temptations of power, politics, manipulation, and lies to put Jesus to death. And the Son of God died for all of this to win a great victory over evil.

Invoke the Holy Spirit to do the work of unification. Ask him to free everyone involved – including yourself – of impure and aggressive thoughts. This doesn’t mean you passively accept things that go against your values. But instead of fighting to the death, you ask the Lord to do the fighting.

Maybe someone is clearly in the wrong. If you first have to change your attitude 1% for the other person to change 99%, isn’t that worth it? This is God’s economy. Let his Spirit guide you through the process.

Jesus didn’t focus on right or wrong. Instead, he was interested in our hearts. He shows us how to fight against – and conquer – any impure spirit of division.

Get on your knees. Cry out. Let the Lord do his good work. And let it be for the honor and glory of Jesus Christ.

More Prayers                        Ask for prayer

Prayer against division that helps people pray for unity

A message and prayer from Vincent:

Has this site blessed you? Learn about our patron program.

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

for the Lord sees not as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

1 Samuel 16:7

For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:12-13

for the Lord your God is he that goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.

Deuteronomy 20:4

PRAYER AGAINST DIVISION

Oh blessed Lord,

There’s confusion and anger, so much resentment. So here, now, I cry out to you.

Save us, oh Lord! Rise up, oh Lord, rise up!

Extend your mighty hand to cast out the liar. Strike down the enemy that seeks to divide and destroy.

May your Spirit work in our hearts. Purify our motives, reveal to us your will, free us from our fears.

Let Christ show us the way, arms open on the cross in loving sacrifice, service, and obedience to his Father.

Anoint us, oh Lord, with wisdom and clarity to put aside our fleshy desires and to seek unity according to your Spirit.

Let us stand firm, oh Lord, to raise up your flag of victory, for Christ has overcome the world.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

Share thoughts or prayer requests here (name & email optional)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s